Noctemensis

Many high levels don't care of lower levels.

Noctemensis    5

Hi,

i didn't play Aion for seven years, i have recently tested the latest shitty version of Aion and that's why i decided to come on Euroaion, where i am not deceived by the game.

But about the players, it's different. Most of high levels don't care of lowest levels. One of the goals of highest levels is too conquer the maximum fortress, to let lowest levels access it and make their quests. But in the chat, some answered me that i had to abandon my quests, because the zones where they were located, weren't interesting zones strategically... O.o

I talk about the Siel's zones, for example, which stay Elyos. How can people can become so selfish, when they've reached their highest level? :/ So yes, i had to abandon lots of finished quests and had to level up slowlier because of this... i don't thank the selfish persons who answered me in chat, but i thank the ones, who approved what i told. :)

I saw too, that high instances filter their players by watching their "gear"... i never saw this, there's seven years ago and everybody had a chance, supported by others players. The stongest helped the weakest to become better!!! That's why Aion was created with this kind of gameplay, with mentoring.

So, this post is made to make you think about your attitude in game and maybe, if you're open-minded and altruist person, to change this attitude to make the game better and funnier. IT'S A GAME and a fail in an instance isn't the end of the world, you know? ;) Then, try to give chances to everybody to become better, please. :)

Kindly,

Fred.

• Like 1

Raidon    108
6 hours ago, Noctemensis said:

IT'S A GAME and a fail in an instance isn't the end of the world, you know? ;)

Then go ahead, reach 65 and make Kata with a bunch of ungeared ppl. See how enjoyable it is to spend an hour of your life gathering an alliance and failing it and getting blamed by others for making a crappy pt. Record it and post here.

ldfilip    47

Most of the low lv stuff are soloable or doable with other low lvls...so why do you even trying to bother high lv ppl? They simply dont care and have no reason to help...

Noctemensis    5
On 08/11/2020 at 7:54 PM, Raidon said:

Then go ahead, reach 65 and make Kata with a bunch of ungeared ppl. See how enjoyable it is to spend an hour of your life gathering an alliance and failing it and getting blamed by others for making a crappy pt. Record it and post here.

Hello (yes, i am polite and say hello - you're not my dog and i'm not yours...),

I remind you that i played there's 7 years ago and yes, i was level 65, made all instances and at the beginning, i was supported by other levels 65 with a better gear.

When i was well geared, i supported at my turn people who weren't well geared. I geared myself better, instance after instance and there were rare fails. Then, i know well (even if i forgot a lot of things about this game) what it is to wait a long time before forming a group, and fails weren't always and/or only because of bad geared characters; it was sometimes due to drunk, or tired, or high persons too. If there's a good cohesion and understanding of roles in the group, fails are very rare.

But no need to post more answers to this post. I see that it is just a problem of generations, new ones becoming more and more selfish, as well in game than in life... hopefully, all isn't lost, because there's exceptions and i will find them with time on the server. So, i will level up to 65 and find good players, who will help others to level up in the good mood.

Have fun, all! :)

Kind regards,

Fred.

• Like 4

Xyndren    4

Hi!

I just wanted to add, this isn't a generational thing. Aion has had this issue of high levels (or rather, high-geared) players not wanting to help out lower gear players since it's release on EU/NA. This 'problem' exists more so on a server that does not receive updates, because the gap between a geared player and a new 65 is larger.

To explain that further: when the 65 cap released on the official servers, you had a very significant amount of players in fully socketed level 60 gear (and an upgraded weapon), who then just had to level up and re-gear for relatively minor gains compared to their upgraded level 60 gear. Those are much more efficient, and as such, easier to take along, than players who just reached level 65 in the freely provided Daevanion gear, which is the bulk of the lowlevel/new 65 players we get here.

Taking lower geared players along, or not, is a choice everybody should make for themselves - I can definitely understand players in full Hyperion gear not wanting to carry new players through Sauro or even Tiamat Fortress, because there's realistically nothing in it for them. At the same time, it is of course ironic when people require (nearly) full Hyperion gear to go kill Hyperion...

The solution is simple, though: find a good Legion to play with, and show yourself as a nice and active member. People within that Legion will then want to take you to other instances or PvP stuff, even when you're technically not geared enough to do that content. Plus you're making friends in the process!

Cheers, hope you enjoy the game!

Edited by Xyndren
  • Like 1

smartara    6

Just post fake gear. Easy solution, dont see a problem. Aion 4.6 PVE content is like boring and easy crap

Only for Grendal you need gear, the rest of the pve in this patch is a big joke. 15 Minutes spamming rotation and walking 5 meters in hyperion and focusing sometimes adds, if you have a small brain no one will notice that you are undergeared

• Like 1

Noctemensis    5
On 11/11/2020 at 7:58 AM, Xyndren said:

Hi!

I just wanted to add, this isn't a generational thing. Aion has had this issue of high levels (or rather, high-geared) players not wanting to help out lower gear players since it's release on EU/NA. This 'problem' exists more so on a server that does not receive updates, because the gap between a geared player and a new 65 is larger.

To explain that further: when the 65 cap released on the official servers, you had a very significant amount of players in fully socketed level 60 gear (and an upgraded weapon), who then just had to level up and re-gear for relatively minor gains compared to their upgraded level 60 gear. Those are much more efficient, and as such, easier to take along, than players who just reached level 65 in the freely provided Daevanion gear, which is the bulk of the lowlevel/new 65 players we get here.

Taking lower geared players along, or not, is a choice everybody should make for themselves - I can definitely understand players in full Hyperion gear not wanting to carry new players through Sauro or even Tiamat Fortress, because there's realistically nothing in it for them. At the same time, it is of course ironic when people require (nearly) full Hyperion gear to go kill Hyperion...

The solution is simple, though: find a good Legion to play with, and show yourself as a nice and active member. People within that Legion will then want to take you to other instances or PvP stuff, even when you're technically not geared enough to do that content. Plus you're making friends in the process!

Cheers, hope you enjoy the game!

Hello, 

Thanks a lot for your clear and kind answer that i appreciate. I will follow your advises. ;)

Anyway, i think that there's a problem between generations too (i'm 45 years old) and when i read or hear young ones who talk to me like if i was nothing, i admit that i would have them in front of me to give them a big deserved slap! :D

Thanks again and have a nice day! ;)

Kindly, 

Fred.

Noctemensis    5
On 11/11/2020 at 12:07 PM, smartara said:

Just post fake gear. Easy solution, dont see a problem. Aion 4.6 PVE content is like boring and easy crap

Only for Grendal you need gear, the rest of the pve in this patch is a big joke. 15 Minutes spamming rotation and walking 5 meters in hyperion and focusing sometimes adds, if you have a small brain no one will notice that you are undergeared

Hello! Hahaha, funny answer! Yeah, i could post fake gear, that's a solution too! xD

Have a nice day! 

Kindly, 

Fred.

Scavitza    0
On 11/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, Noctemensis said:

Hi,

i didn't play Aion for seven years, i have recently tested the latest shitty version of Aion and that's why i decided to come on Euroaion, where i am not deceived by the game.

But about the players, it's different. Most of high levels don't care of lowest levels. One of the goals of highest levels is too conquer the maximum fortress, to let lowest levels access it and make their quests. But in the chat, some answered me that i had to abandon my quests, because the zones where they were located, weren't interesting zones strategically... O.o

I talk about the Siel's zones, for example, which stay Elyos. How can people can become so selfish, when they've reached their highest level? :/ So yes, i had to abandon lots of finished quests and had to level up slowlier because of this... i don't thank the selfish persons who answered me in chat, but i thank the ones, who approved what i told. :)

I saw too, that high instances filter their players by watching their "gear"... i never saw this, there's seven years ago and everybody had a chance, supported by others players. The stongest helped the weakest to become better!!! That's why Aion was created with this kind of gameplay, with mentoring.

So, this post is made to make you think about your attitude in game and maybe, if you're open-minded and altruist person, to change this attitude to make the game better and funnier. IT'S A GAME and a fail in an instance isn't the end of the world, you know? ;) Then, try to give chances to everybody to become better, please. :)

Kindly,

Fred.

Respect, good point of view ^^. I would also like to have a : "Show low lvl quest's" option available too. But there is none on 4.6. We do actually like old times style, ya know ? ^^

Edited by Scavitza