Argothon

Dodging tactics in Arena

Argothon    16

I'm writing this because lately this has become a huge problem.
The arena system in place encourages people to not enter, pass popped entries and allows several types of abuse.
As it is right now, the arena ticket is only used when you click on enter in arena. This means that people who know who they are going to be up against can just let the popped entry run out or pass it, and the other player(s) that went inside and wanted to fight lose the ticket.
Especially in coop and high rating solo arena this has become a huge issue. My coop group always only sends in one person because chances are high that the arena is going to be empty. The same happened to me last season in solo arena where Shikastyle someone would apply arena for 1 hour straight only to not go in when it popped against me. This is just a way of wasting peoples tickets and trying to win ladder not fairly or just being straight up annoying.
Additionally it happens that people go inside, see their opponents and instantly leave. This means that the rating for both players doesn't change and for the group or player that gets dodged it means a wasted ticket.

There are many solutions to this but these are my preferred ones:
1. Make it impossible to dodge -> when your entry proccs you are forced to go in and lose the ticket
2. Give back the ticket if the arena you joined in is empty (and no win rewards ofc) -> solves the problem of the lost tickets but not the perma apply into dodge problem
3. Have leaving an arena before it starts count as a loss -> solves the problem of dodging when already inside

All of this wouldn't matter if there was no reward for winning arena, but the rewards obviously incentivise abuse of the system that is currently in place:

Currently this is not about  "Meeting the best players in PvP events in the last season!"  but about meeting the players who dodged and abused the arena system the most. I'd be lying if I said I never abused any part of the system but it's the sad reality of the ladder system.

Admin pls respond (:

• Like 4

Haku    29

Solution 2 was already implemented on other servers and worked fine, would be nice to see it here too. A combination of 2 and 3 would obviously be optimal.

• Thanks 1

Endgegner    7

Even Argathon can be right sometimes!

If you apply for Arena you shouldnt be able to decide to pass. There’s no reason whatsoever for it. 

If your party isn’t ready to enter don’t apply. 

@Admin

Changing this would motivate many players to come back to the game. 

As it stands now only Shikadodge can win and he doesn’t deserve it at all. 

Angrry    31
58 минут назад, Endgegner сказал:

If you apply for Arena you shouldnt be able to decide to pass. There’s no reason whatsoever for it. 

I hope everyone understands that this is not so?
The sendlogging of one of the participants or a change in the line-up is a fairly good reason, and not a rare reason

PvP God    9

+1 I think everyone would agree.

This has become a huge problem, and I think it's because of people applying just to kill their own twink characters.
It's just annoying to get dodged like 1/3 of any entry (doesn't matter if it's coop, discipline OR EVEN DRED.)

Giert    2

Can we also talk about chaos ranking abusers that whisper everyone asking to apply and pass when the entry pops?

• Haha 2

Rospet    17

If only the admins gave a crap about PvP content... 1 year now it has been proven that this server only focuses on PvE...PvP be damned

Realtalk    4

Argothon as much as I agree with your suggestion, I also think that the Admins should remove the Brigade General Potions from being usable in the Arenas. This is the item I'm talking about: http://aiondatabase.net/us/item/162000143/

I understand why people leave or pass on Arenas vs toxic people like you and Dagoma who abuse Brigade General Potions inside the Arenas, when it gets tough or you are losing.

Not everyone can take fortresses and abuse those potions in Arenas and as long as guys like you have this unfair advantage you deserve to be dodged by everybody in my honest opinion.

You guys think you are the best players in the world while you're abusing an error that should have never existed in this game.

I agree that the rankings mean NOTHING as it is.

Edited by Realtalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Argothon    16
On 23.10.2020 at 6:06 PM, Realtalk said:

I understand why people leave or pass on Arenas vs toxic people like you and Dagoma who abuse Brigade General Potions inside the Arenas, when it gets tough or you are losing.

I'll admit that I've used bg pots in the past from time to time, but I haven't for months because
A: I don't have them anymore
B: I don't need them anymore to win

In fact, I had one last stash of them waiting for a special occasion, but sadly got out-potted by someone who was literally using them on cd (:

So yeah, I aggree that the item is ridiculous in PvP-instances and should be removed/made unusable.

В 01.10.2020 в 21:46, Argothon сказал:

high rating solo arena

but, does this even exist here?! never saw even ingame rating atleast worked once at private servers(since at 4.6 u cant view rank list but still)for any kind of arenas, and as a conclusion mmr couldn't work also. just asking

Argothon    16

It's literally a number, can't get any more MMR-ish than that.

It would however be nice to know how the system works, but I have the feeling the dev or admin don't even know themselves...

Haku    29

Thread necro 1 month later, could we please get some sort of fix to this, or at least some sort of response? Almost all pvp instances are a giant headache rn because of all the dodging tactics involved with ladder and it only seems like it's getting worse with each season.

Haku    29

@TheAlmighty any chance we could get some sort of fix for this? Atm many players have the problem that they have to pray to get enemies at all (not someone applying and passing to waste other people's tickets), or that the opponents don't quit to waste tickets once you are inside. With one (1) 1v1 and one (1) 3v3 per day, it's incredibly frustrating not being able to find opponents who play because they all calculate for ladder or ingame rewards and don't actually apply for pvp.

If it would be possible to get some fix for instant wins in jmr/eob too that would be great.