armagash

Why is it not possible to make an instance without being asked what set loads?

Have you been belittled to go to an instance or group mission if you are not fully equipped?  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Have you been belittled to go to an instance or group mission if you are not fully equipped?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2020 at 10:45 PM

armagash    5

Next I present the following situation: how is it possible that on this server it is not possible to do an instance, or kill a boss, go to IS, SAURO without the first question they ask to apply to a group is: what set do you have? or if you are full with X set?
Is it supposed that if you ask for espa to equip yourself, no ??? Then the ridiculous situation occurs that it is not possible to go to the instance without entering an exclusive group, when WE SHOULD SUPPORT EACH OTHER.
The most annoying thing is that it is assumed that the instances do not necessarily need to be level 65 and full set to kill a boss in a group, WITH TWELVE OR THIRTEEN PEOPLE (how brave? So they ignore you or just reject you.
It just doesn't make sense for the Elyos faction to get this nonsense, that's why we lose in the sieges and take them, because THERE IS NO UNITY.
I accept that if you are a very low level, ask for an alliance, do not be ready, but if you are a 65, that you have already gone to PVP, Kramar, sieges and shots, get into this ridiculous situation?
We appreciate in advance that attention is called to this issue and that you improve your attitude because that way you cannot move forward. But if the fortresses do not capture them, there is no where to get points or items and the only thing left is to go to instance, the same ones who do not take shots or work in a group, then do not let the others equip themselves by other means

• Like 1

Blackwall    16

People don't want to carry around dead weight. And for IS specifically you are dead weight until you hit 2.9k physical or 2k magical accuracy respectively.

That's why you are asked about your items.

• Like 3

Senju    39
1 hour ago, Blackwall said:

People don't want to carry around dead weight. And for IS specifically you are dead weight until you hit 2.9k physical or 2k magical accuracy respectively.

That's why you are asked about your items.

I agree if we are talking about Infinity shard. Since the party is with 12, you can't just carry multiple ungeared players in a 12 man with your dps alone.  But for the majority of instances not much gear is needed actually. If you're really ungeared as fuck, I advise you to run Sauro and IO to get some parts or weapons. 

Raidon    108

Because people (Myself included) refuse to carry dead weight around. If you have low gear/starter gear, pls do Kahrun's/TF/S1K/BM for ancient coins and try getting some gear and/or experience before going into higher-end instances such as RST/Kata.

If I do RST, Kata, or even S2K, I would like DPS classes to out DPS my templar. I don't know about you, but I care about my reputation as a player. I always make my own groups to almost every instance (Except Runa Normal). In this case, I don't want to be that guy who always takes randoms and fails instances almost every time. Sorry, but that's how most geared people act in this game.  It wastes my and everyone else's precious time. 

And it applies not only to DPS but also to the overall experience. Just yesterday actually, I went Sauro 2k with a random low gear ranger because it was late, and I some top quality DPS in pt. Guess what happened? Without saying anything, that ranger decided that 2k was the same as 1k and went to bug a boss. Thankfully I'm a decent cleric and along with my friends, we cleared all the mobs without dying. A couple of months ago the same situation happened with another sin, but that time we failed 2k because PT was under-geared and inexperienced, and the cleric wasn't able to get up and loci us quickly.

You're saying "WE SHOULD SUPPORT EACH OTHER", but how exactly do you support my PT by being a low DPS, low skill pile of pixels that we carry around? We do DPS/tanking/healing while you wander around and agro random mobs that you shouldn't agro, wipe your PT in Kata/IS because you don't know that you have to run away when Hyperion nukes you, try bugging Sauro 2k when you just have to stand and agro mobs around the boss, go panic mode in RST when a bunch of mobs spawn and more and more and more things that you mess up and let us clean it after you. 

As @Haku said, make your own groups, or join a legion, or try making friends and gear up together. I in fact like helping players who are actually asking for it. If a player is saying that he/she is new here and needs help getting gear/experience, I'm happy to help with whatever I can. What I don't like is when I'm making PT to an end game instance, and someone keeps applying and applying even though I said that I don't need that person in my PT for various reasons.(gear, experience, have a friend coming)

If you're an active player and you come to me asking how Sauro or Danuar Sanctuary is done, I will be happy to explain. I will take you in pt, maybe ask to join Discord if you can, take a friend or two whos' also willing to show a new player how an instance is made and we will go with the teaching mindset. We will take our time to explain everything, each mob, each boss, etc.

And if you keep playing and getting better, I will be happy to take you forward into Sauro 2k/RST/Kata with me constantly. And when you have enough experience yourself, you can make your own PTs. 

But please, do not apply to high-end instances when you have no gear nor experience to do them. You will piss off players and make a bad image of yourself.

Edited by Raidon
  • Like 5

ldfilip    47

Bm gear is the easiest to get as starting gear for instances. If someone dont even bother to get that, dont wonder that ppl ask... No one likes freeloaders.

Climx    5

I came across of some many of these "link gear" animals back when i was farming sauro for a certain weap, that i went on a block rampage. I remember one time, i was asked to link gear and all for a fkin sauro 1k. At that point i lost it, i asked the mfker to link his shit too, i was really curious of what specimen i encounter that day, what kind of goldy geared player was he?! Never the less, he showd me what he got, a bunch of gold stuff and an eternal or two. At wich he replayed "YEAH BUT I KNOW HOW TO PLAY EVEN WITH LOW GEAR" 

• Haha 2

armagash    5

The truth is that I am surprised by the answers I hear, since I am not talking about some instancais alts but about ALMOST ALL the instances of this game. I do not consider being a dead weight, especially when my person as those of the legion that we put together we come from other servers that are strongly PVP and we have made our way fighting, collecting, doing missions either as a group or individual to buy the second set and face a disadvantage and still say that you are dead weight.
What if I see is that several HIGH players what they do is make instances to resell the items, how is it possible that items that were at 30kk suddenly go to more than 300kk? How can they equip themselves, there is a strong sense of selfishness here and you have to be honest about it, I have seen sieges where the following happens:
If you die, no one revives you.
Templars that do not cover magicians or healers.
Healers that only hit and do not heal.
Spirit Masters who do not use Fear.
That is, a long list of weaknesses for not knowing how to use the character.
Without going too far, in my legion there is a sorcerer who is capable of facing two asmos and coming out well standing, while we have seen star offier 5 fall against a monster. Remember that the team is not everything, the SKILL TO PLAY is more important.
I do not deny that there are players who ruin games, but for some we should not pay the others.

armagash    5
17 hours ago, Senju said:

I agree if we are talking about Infinity shard. Since the party is with 12, you can't just carry multiple ungeared players in a 12 man with your dps alone.  But for the majority of instances not much gear is needed actually. If you're really ungeared as fuck, I advise you to run Sauro and IO to get some parts or weapons. 

An IO is much more difficult than an IS, especially the issue of corrdination, it is not feasible to start equipping you. We have applied to Suaro a lot of times without success.
The first set that can be purchased is with fighting medals. Rest...
The truth to finish I see that I only throw stones at the wall. If we go to high levels or be active, we have several small and medium ones that we make an effort, while rarely to the first 10 or 20 do something for the sieges, that's why the Elyos no longer make an effort, or if they enter to defend they only do it for points and flee. Leaving others in the lurch.
You must stop having that mentality, how many did not start small? How many here defend that you should not go to instance if you are not full set, but they will not go to sieges? not going to a real PVP? They don't really know how to play against PvP and only collect items and points? That attitude is the one that kills private servers little by little and this, no matter how good it is, is reaching that point more and more.

Darksky    1

I don't know how godly naked you are, but i would suggest you go for BM equips which every player who hit 65 should get 1st before entering anything, even if u want to do Sauro 1K,

1. You must get at least BM Weapon(Eternal) and Accessories(At least the gold versions which u can upgrade later), forget about the armor. Its better you still hit the mobs/bosses than the attacks got dodges/blocked/resisted by them. This can be done the 1st week-2nd week you get lvl 63-65. If you at least dont have this, you should not even applying to any instances, not even Sauro 1K

2. Depends on your class, your BM equip buying path can differ, also you should do AC daily and shugo everyday, to secure that even if you fail to get a 65 mythic in 1st 20 days, you can still buy AC Weapon from your own farms. a +5 AC Weapon = a lvl 65 Mythic Random stats +10 Weapon.

3. A low geared DPS cant be brought to Sauro 2K, IO/RST, DR/Modor, IS/Katalamize(if there is already 1/2 low gear players in that alliance).

Getting yourself a AC Weapon and BM gears, will make you already a (almost) endgame player if you socket them good manastone. You dont need a +15 gears blablabla to call yourself a OP DPS trust me.

If you still need more suggestion or maybe go together some places, pm me in-game.

• Like 1

Raidon    108

I really don't care about your past experience in  PVP/sieges or similar. This is a PVE server. The only way you can convince me that you're capable of doing instances with me is by ALTEAST coming to Tia training dummies and having a 3 min DPS test against me. Then, and only then I will see what kind of a player you actually are.

Climx    5
23 hours ago, Raidon said:

I really don't care about your past experience in  PVP/sieges or similar. This is a PVE server. The only way you can convince me that you're capable of doing instances with me is by ALTEAST coming to Tia training dummies and having a 3 min DPS test against me. Then, and only then I will see what kind of a player you actually are.

Fair enaugh 😅

Angrry    31
В 11.09.2020 в 04:40, armagash сказал:

SKILL TO PLAY is more important.

Do you seriously think that your friend who can play won't get better when his gear gets higher?
This is a conversation that would say "I'm too good to deal with my stats". This is not true. If I am attacked by people in basic gear, I can literally kill the entire group without losing half of the HP. Do not go on about your laziness.
Of course, there are people who have a good command of their class, those who should learn a little, and those who are generally not useful, but it is easier to get a person to read the guide than to hope that the need to raise a friend from the dead after each blow will not affect its effectiveness.
PS: Sometimes the death of the monsters is a tactical move. Consult with more experienced players about the benefits of suicide before you laugh

Blackwall    16

>talks about being oh so skilled

>isnt even skilled enough to know he won't be hitting jack shit in instances without a certain threashhold of accuracy reached

hmm

armagash    5
On 12/9/2020 at 11:11 AM, Blackwall said:

>talks about being oh so skilled

>isnt even skilled enough to know he won't be hitting jack shit in instances without a certain threashhold of accuracy reached

hmm

Of course, it is obvious that if you don't have a good team you don't hit much, but if you have a regular team of course you can do missions. Now, if you don't feel like not giving a group. How are others equipped?

armagash    5
On 12/9/2020 at 7:57 AM, Angrry said:

Do you seriously think that your friend who can play won't get better when his gear gets higher?
This is a conversation that would say "I'm too good to deal with my stats". This is not true. If I am attacked by people in basic gear, I can literally kill the entire group without losing half of the HP. Do not go on about your laziness.
Of course, there are people who have a good command of their class, those who should learn a little, and those who are generally not useful, but it is easier to get a person to read the guide than to hope that the need to raise a friend from the dead after each blow will not affect its effectiveness.
PS: Sometimes the death of the monsters is a tactical move. Consult with more experienced players about the benefits of suicide before you laugh

I laugh at the hypocrisy that they talk to you about skill and level when they don't let others equip themselves in missions, they only do it to get items and resell them by the "senior experienced players". That's the real reason I see for not involving other players in missions.

• Thanks 2

Blackwall    16
1 hour ago, armagash said:

Of course, it is obvious that if you don't have a good team you don't hit much, but if you have a regular team of course you can do missions. Now, if you don't feel like not giving a group. How are others equipped?

Dude. What?

Please try this again and inject a metric ton of sense into your post. Thank you.

Edited by Blackwall
spelling

Haku    29

If you are several low-geared players wanting to go to instances together, why don't you just make the group yourself? This also goes if you're a solo player and you for whatever reason aren't getting invited to other people's groups.

Playing a MMO does not mean you're entitled to people's time and help. You are not entitled to an invite just because you apply to a group. Applying to someone else's group also more or less means you submit yourself to whatever sort of group they want to make and their roll right rules, gear expectations etc. If you want to be in a group w/o gear check and you cannot find one, make it yourself.

On elyos side there are a few legions focusing on doing things together and helping eachother gear up, most likely it's the same on asmo side. That ofc means you are also expected to help others. Perhaps look one of those legions up if you are interested in spending your time in this manner?

Edited by Haku
  • Like 1

ldfilip    47

What a fuzz... get a starter gear or stick to solo stuff. You could have full hyp set by this time instead of qq-ing.

But anyway, you (rather?) didnt mention what gear you have, since no one wants you in instances. That explains a lot...

utterbitter    33

Bruh, I farmed my Kahrun set in 2 weeks(ok-4 parts) , got some money while leveling(nothing fancy-selling coins and DE) and I had no issues getting invited to all the basic instances like Sauro, IS and EB. Meanwhile you rushed through levels and now want to be invited everywhere without putting any effort? There are multiple armor / weapons that you can get between going Kata and being level 1.

• Thanks 1