Sign in to follow this  
Blacklight5

Wild idea of getting our server updated to 4.8

Blacklight5    2

Hello Everyone,
I will just drop this very unpopular bomb here..
https://cmsstatic.aion.gameforge.com/AION_4_8v_Patch Notes_EN_30092015.pdf

I would like to hear your opinion whether or not you think it would be good idea to move on to this update as it removes unnecessary spells and buffs the one that are frequent and better...

In my honest opinion i would love to move forward a bit in this direction, it makes the game a bit fresher. I know most people do not like vision stigma system... however the improvement it brings by making our usual stigmas auto-learn skills does appeal alot to me.. as someone who played every patch in aion there is, i think this was the best one, and the second best being 2.7.
I'm not saying that 4.6 is bad, i actually play here only because almost everyone plays here :D And i like it as well.. i donated bunches of € already so im dedicated to stay :D just I would welcome this change...
I would love some word also from Devs on what they think about this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Souli    22

Despite new versions of Aion always bring something new, the fact that 4.8 was so bad recibed is that Katalam is missing., it is a good PVP place and people love it, Signa and Vengar didn't had that appeal, myself that I am not a PVP player I can give note of that, doors and guardians keeping them is just nightmerish, you are so constrainted to a place that it makes easy for the attacker to get hunted.

Bloodmedals are harder to get because the only way to make them is Akaron garrisons and their legates were the hell fuck hard and to make things worse, only some missions pop up if all garrions form a cardinal point were taken, even to add more salt to the wound , balaurs retake those garrisons quickly than we can.

Sure, it can be fixed somehow, like I don't know, a custom mission that gives a fair shake of BM or reducing the prices of the set.

The content is also debatible, sure, Makarna was hellish, but besides of that.. it dosn't bring anything new, only Makarna, a place where few people could beat it.

Sieges get hit hard.. Abyss, Ingguison/Gelkmaros and Kaldor .. Kaldor have a interesting mechanic but requires a bit fair shake of people, to hold 3 garrisons at the same time and deal dammage to the boss, nobody nowadays is interested on attacking Inggison/Gelckmaros forts (But I think we can agree that we can ask make those forts give GP points and ceranium medalls, but that honestly didn't work well on retail Hellion)

I don't think much people have a issue with their skills, sure, stigmas are reduced and the 7th Stigma may limit a bit your play, right now you can play as whatever you want.

And on this version there is autolearning skills, the only thing you need to concern are the stigma level skill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Raidon    108

I would love to see patch even further, 4.9. Many people forgot that they've changed abyss, added garrisons, and mythical BM gear in the new base there. It was an amazing experience leveling your base, getting bonuses, etc.  The same goes for sieges. They brought back and changed how sieges worked in the upper abyss.

Stigmas, yes. Personally, I love how they changed stigmas. First of all, they removed many many useless skills or merged their effects with other skills, making them more powerful. Cleric was especially buffed in that patch. Same for Templar, Gladiator, Ranger. Don't know about other classes because I haven't played them much post 4.8. Many stigmas were simply converted into normal skills. It is true that vision stigma is a pain to get, and that's something to consider.

PvE-wise there were many great additions and changes. Makarna, RST Heroic, Runa Heroic, Enhanced RST gear, enhanced Hyperion gear. More myth accessories from Runadium. Enhanced Sauro Accessories. Kaisinel's Daevanion gear.  Oh, and let's not forget, the go-to instance of every bard - Rentus HM for that sweet attack speed harp. Also, Chaos rift for those who are hunting manastones.  So yeah, there were many great things to farm for PVE players.

PvP-wise - Mythical abyss gear, Officer-2 Accessories, and wings. Despite many saying that Katalams were go-to PVP zones, Signia and Vengar were a lot of fun to PvP in. Runatorium was a great addition to PvP instance list with mythical PvP accessories and great looking skins.

It would be great to see this patch in a private server because it was released to close to 5.0, many people didn't bother with a lot of things because there was no point back then. If they were to released 4.9 now, it would take players a good amount of time to grind everything that it has to offer, which would increase player retention.

• Like 1

Souli    22

We could even ask to have a close to retail server version, but that ain't gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Raidon said:

I love how they changed stigmas.

+20 Dissonance stigma, auch that huge note, did you froget that stigmas were possible to enchant, increasing damage

1 hour ago, Raidon said:

PvE-wise there were many great additions and changes. Makarna, RST Heroic, Runa Heroic, Enhanced RST gear, enhanced Hyperion gear. More myth accessories from Runadium. Enhanced Sauro Accessories. Kaisinel's Daevanion gear.  Oh, and let's not forget, the go-to instance of every bard - Rentus HM for that sweet attack speed harp. Also, Chaos rift for those who are hunting manastones.  So yeah, there were many great things to farm for PVE players.

Makarna: Nobody went there, too hard because there was little gear.

Heroics: I only saw few of them but I will give the point

Hyperion I think become obsolete on that version

Runadium and Sauro: Sauro defenetly goes obsolete, the accesories ONLY can go mythical with the profession and the accs aren't tradeable... so like if they didn't exist

Kaisiniel / Marchutan gear: New player PVE gear that was a pain to obtain and enchant...

1 hour ago, Raidon said:

PvP-wise - Mythical abyss gear, Officer-2 Accessories, and wings. Despite many saying that Katalams were go-to PVP zones, Signia and Vengar were a lot of fun to PvP in. Runatorium was a great addition to PvP instance list with mythical PvP accessories and great looking skins.

Mythical abyss were almsot the same than Epic gear, the wings and accesories were ok.

Sorry but here everyone will tell you, Signia and Vengar were no fun to PVP, only map to PVP were Akaron.

Runatorium was nice.... when elys or asmos didn't close each other to their spawning point..

1 hour ago, Raidon said:

I would love to see patch even further, 4.9. Many people forgot that they've changed abyss, added garrisons, and mythical BM gear in the new base there. It was an amazing experience leveling your base, getting bonuses, etc.  The same goes for sieges. They brought back and changed how sieges worked in the upper abyss.

I think you are saying at least on 5.0 when Ereskhigal shows up. Frozen Abyss was nice, fresh as I like, problem is.... well..let's say that Abyss is not Katalam, they disabled some artifacts to turn them intro garrisons, and artifacts where acting as garrisons, yea was good, having 17 garrisons on a map , I like it, problem with Mythical BM is was again, hard to obtain because the Bloodmark medalls were scare. ¿why I would bother to get mythical when I can get epic and then jump from soldier gear?

I loved the idea of landings and honestly I would attack enemy one to get their buffs... problem... it dosn't care to people...and then, we gonna have a facction that kills Beritra's machines, do stuff and gets it's landing frist... to lv 5.. to lv 10 you must do EVERYTHING, and nobody cared of fortress bosses, oh no , that stuff was too hard!

Fortress changes also were introduced... to worse... now the faction with more points wins... if something turned more pve this game was that.. sorry but, I can understand that but... enemy just show up to steal few points and that's what one can do...

Ah I froget to say... Archdaevas were close, so.. even if what we said we did had Archdeaves, people hated them, their transformations broke the game.

Edited by Souli

Raidon    108
53 minutes ago, Souli said:

+20 Dissonance stigma, auch that huge note, did you froget that stigmas were possible to enchant, increasing damage

Stigma enchantment wouldn't be an issue with no P2W shop, same as with accessory enchantment now. There are barely a handful of people with +3 - +5 accessories.

54 minutes ago, Souli said:

Runadium and Sauro: Sauro defenetly goes obsolete, the accesories ONLY can go mythical with the profession and the accs aren't tradeable... so like if they didn't exist

Kaisiniel / Marchutan gear: New player PVE gear that was a pain to obtain and enchant...

Mythical abyss were almsot the same than Epic gear, the wings and accesories were ok.

Sorry but here everyone will tell you, Signia and Vengar were no fun to PVP, only map to PVP were Akaron.

Runatorium was nice.... when elys or asmos didn't close each other to their spawning point..

Dedicated players will always go into the hardest instances. That the point of a private server.  You can dedicate your time into achieving everything because there won't be another patch coming with better stuff in a few months.

I'm waiting for everyone to tell me how fun it is to run around empty Katalams, killing ungeared fresh 65s who just entered the zone to farm BM accessories. Or just getting slaughtered by zergs. Pure PVP extravaganza.

• Like 1

Souli    22
22 minutes ago, Raidon said:

I'm waiting for everyone to tell me how fun it is to run around empty Katalams, killing ungeared fresh 65s who just entered the zone to farm BM accessories. Or just getting slaughtered by zergs. Pure PVP extravaganza

You just described my experience with 72, 74, and 77 garrisons with elys..

Blacklight5    2
13 hours ago, Raidon said:

Stigmas, yes. Personally, I love how they changed stigmas. First of all, they removed many many useless skills or merged their effects with other skills, making them more powerful. Cleric was especially buffed in that patch. Same for Templar, Gladiator, Ranger. Don't know about other classes because I haven't played them much post 4.8. Many stigmas were simply converted into normal skills. It is true that vision stigma is a pain to get, and that's something to consider.

It would be great to see this patch in a private server because it was released to close to 5.0, many people didn't bother with a lot of things because there was no point back then. If they were to released 4.9 now, it would take players a good amount of time to grind everything that it has to offer, which would increase player retention.

After going through all the patches until 4.9, i have to agree,that patch 4.9 would have been better to see in many aspects. Especially for the Abyss PVP and BM Mythicals, as well as vision stigmas with enchantments, not to mention crit strike and magical accuracy plumes... Especially the clean up of old spells that make no sense... for example some spells can be used only while flying... :D so efficient .

However i have to agree on the katalam BM grind, its insanse that this starter zone for fresh 65s to get zerged into oblivion, making me want to just quit for a while :D

Angrry    31

Sorry if this question sounds rude.. But we all choose the server, including the version installed on it. How good is it to go to a place where the majority have deliberately chosen one option and suggest changing it? You may not have many of Your favorite skills on version 4.6, but some people like the balance that is provided by their absence.

• Like 1

Souli    22

I think eventually we need to move forward to a new version, people would get tried of doing the same and with little to none new content (events, custom stuff, etc) will start to leave

Edited by Souli
  • Like 1

Blacklight5    2
6 hours ago, Angrry said:

Sorry if this question sounds rude.. But we all choose the server, including the version installed on it. How good is it to go to a place where the majority have deliberately chosen one option and suggest changing it? You may not have many of Your favorite skills on version 4.6, but some people like the balance that is provided by their absence.

I only chose this server cause of alot of players here... nothing else :D

Rewinded    0

I agree . This server need upgrades becouse on Aion Legend example there should be evolving. I love aion patches to 6.2.

Angrry    31
10 часов назад, Rewinded сказал:

I agree . This server need upgrades becouse on Aion Legend example there should be evolving. I love aion patches to 6.2.

On the primeor of a Legend that fell apart when switching to 4.8?
There aren't many people online right now who have everything they can on the server (if they have any). Most of them are not able to pass the main dungeons and pvp activity. People can't even get together and kill the damn Cyclops XD. They have something to do and where to grow for a long time. In addition, I know many people who are here precisely because of version 4.6 and will leave as soon as the
Katalams go under the water. Perhaps such issues require significant analysis, and more arguments than the dissatisfaction of a couple of people trying to adapt the situation for themselves. Some of the players like the server X5-X10 exp, but this does not mean that it is necessary to change the rules for their convenience.

• Like 1

Konoyaro    60

I finally found a server which stays forever 4.6 so I can actually reach max gear once in a lifetime in Aion without having to play 12 hours a day, so I prefer staying on this patch. Anyway update is not possible because this is not a java server, so the topic is a dead idea.

Edited by Konoyaro
  • Like 5

Mooonte    3

I came into 4.6 server so i want to play on 4.6 server. I'm almost done with my sets (cleric support), after update to 4.6 i have to grind the gear again from beggining. BIG NO! If you want 4.8 go and play the server with that patch. Probably if they gonna do that i will leave the game. I spend too much time to gear up my cleric, now i can just run and do pvp as i wanted to do. After new patch i have to focus to gear up again... No.

Edited by Mooonte
  • Like 2

Souli    22
10 hours ago, Mooonte said:

I came into 4.6 server so i want to play on 4.6 server. I'm almost done with my sets (cleric support), after update to 4.6 i have to grind the gear again from beggining. BIG NO! If you want 4.8 go and play the server with that patch. Probably if they gonna do that i will leave the game. I spend too much time to gear up my cleric, now i can just run and do pvp as i wanted to do. After new patch i have to focus to gear up again... No.

Other clases do need to catch up gear again, not only clerics, for example Marchutan/Kaisiniel PVE gear, Rentus Gear, Abyss mythical gear, Runandium gear, BM mythical gear... you name it.

t0re    0
On 8/26/2020 at 9:56 PM, Souli said:

As person who was doing massive amount of runs of everything during those patches i can guarantee you you are wrong on all 4 points

Makarna was super fun and challanging, heroics were super nice and giving awesome accesories,

Hyperion is still pretty viable, Ofc makarna set was better but makarna was also harder to get usually as the instance is harder.

Runadium was super nice place and much more accessible in the higher patch. As for sauro - that instance was always obsolite and was only good in 4.3 when it came out as hard challenge (although the massive wall of mobs inside was taking either hours to clean or u had to rush/kill yourself like idiot to do it faster)

I personally would prefer 4.9 for example as it's prime patch where most players have grown. And no I am not imagining as I have brought and tought many many players exactly this patch.

Either way i do not care as much per my current playing what it will be - i'm pretty fine with 4.6 as well

Haku    29

There are things I both like and dislike about the skill updates, but the map updates are not that great and we'd also have the full violet revolution (breakthrough enchanting), which is a big no thanks.

I think the owner's attention is best directed at bettering what we already have as a new patch would just ultimately end up being a new patch with the same problems we have rn.

• Like 1

Sakuraba    11

Everything after 4.6 was completely embarassing. So pls no.

I wish this server would be 4.0 or 4.3 or something without aethertechs and temperings but 4.6 is still good.

• Like 2

Raidon    108
3 hours ago, Rewinded said:

Finnaly we have trailer of EURO AION 4.8 , thanks admin

dasdsadsa.jpg

Almost believed it