Sign in to follow this  
TheAlmighty

Disabling PayPal method. Donations.

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello, dear players!

As some of you may have noticed, the donation method via PayPal has been unavailable for several days.

We refuse to use this system. It is very unlikely that it will be returned to the list of available payment methods.

The reason for this is the constant complaints of unscrupulous players and their attempts to get a refund. We spend a huge amount of time on correspondence with their support and providing evidence to them + we get constant blocking of the funds and numerous checks of our PayPal accounts.

We recommend using alternative donation methods!

We have 2 payment systems enabled. The 1st method does not support international cards and is more suitable for the CIS. The 2nd method has a more extended geography of payment acceptance. These are local cards, Internet banking, international cards (Visa/MasterCard), and even cryptocurrencies.

image.png.d2f551a0f54ac5202f0962f63567929c.png

Donations are only available in a fixed number of coins, and you can't buy an arbitrary number of Ecoins

image.png

Separately, I would like to talk about such systems as Skrill and PaySafeCard. Previously, these payment methods were available, but now our payment acceptance system has disabled them on a global level (they are not available for everyone, not just us). Perhaps these methods will appear in the future, but again, there are no such prerequisites yet.

If desired, anyone can make a donation, even if you have to spend some time on it (for example, to buy a cryptocurrency first, in a way suitable for you, and then make a donation). We understand that this is inconvenient, but we do not see any real alternatives. If possible, the payment methods will be expanded.

Thank you for your understanding and have a nice game!

utterbitter    33

NC in NA had a strict rule of deleting the accounts of anyone that tries to withdraw payment. Sounded bit harsh but maybe an approach somewhere on the middle would help relieve the pressure?

• Like 4

Naydraug    4

You know... You can just make the people accept a term that refund is not an option. Send a proof of video to PayPal they have to accept it and that's it.

TheAlmighty    1,046
1 hour ago, Naydraug said:

You know... You can just make the people accept a term that refund is not an option. Send a proof of video to PayPal they have to accept it and that's it.

Hello,

We have this term written right in the page of donation but people still do it. 

And regarding sending the video to paypal, this is what we do all the time players try to get the refund. And it takes quite a lot of time to resolve such issues. 

Peng    1

It is a shame that those few players have ruined the donation system for everyone else. I personally won't be able to support the server now as PayPal is my preffered choice for online transactions. 

I actually hope that PayPal is re-introduced soon and some sort of punishment is put in place for those who abuse the system.

TheAlmighty    1,046
45 minutes ago, Peng said:

It is a shame that those few players have ruined the donation system for everyone else. I personally won't be able to support the server now as PayPal is my preffered choice for online transactions. 

I actually hope that PayPal is re-introduced soon and some sort of punishment is put in place for those who abuse the system.

Hello, 

I'm sorry for your situation, but why can't you use card to make a donation? 

Peng    1
59 minutes ago, TheAlmighty said:

Hello, 

I'm sorry for your situation, but why can't you use card to make a donation? 

The main reason I use paypal is that I do not have to disclose my card details to companies (such as yourself). Paypal have that extra layer of protection and are globally known and trusted. 

• Like 1

TheAlmighty    1,046
5 minutes ago, Peng said:

The main reason I use paypal is that I do not have to disclose my card details to companies (such as yourself). Paypal have that extra layer of protection and are globally known and trusted. 

We do not receive any card details and they cannot be delivered to us.
We use the payment system https://payop.com and they accept payments from the world-known banks.

Peng    1
5 minutes ago, TheAlmighty said:

We do not receive any card details and they cannot be delivered to us.
We use the payment system https://payop.com and they accept payments from the world-known banks.

I will look into it. Has to be said PayPal is incredibly easy, only need my password and it is done :D

Thanks for the responses Almighty. I appreciate this was probably a tough decision.

Sakuraba    11

This is really unfortunate.

I suggest you overthink this and find a solution to enable PayPal again. I'ts the most common payment method around.

• Like 4

Lovebird    12

It is usually an accepted and well known punishment to perma ban anybody who charges back/refunds donations on any game. No questions asked. Let that be the consequence, and don't ruin paypal donations for everyone else :/

• Like 3

Rizella    3

I can't believe that you people closed the paypal option just because of some troublesome wussies demanding refunds for whatever god knows reason wtf, this has an easy fix by just making everyone sign some sort of contract before someone make a donation via paypal clarifying that refunds are not going to be made by any means after you accept, this is not only affecting players, it's also afecting you as a ''company'' i think it's unnecesary to say that you've lost a lot of donation money due to this... hope you get to a solution soon, i personally need to buy my consumibles weekly and my drop boost packs from time to time to get some kinah, if this is not getting solved i might have to move on

Konoyaro    60

To make clear, nobody, who's at least slightly concerned with their money's security will give their credit card information for some provider they know nothing about. Usually this kind of carelessness leads to unauthorized payments charged on your card from Africa.

I know, we have a saying in Hungary that "money talks, dogs bark" so with posting here we won't convince you in any form, but the numbers will, soon. I believe you are now just testing whether we use the alternative methods or don't pay at all. So from today I just start to get used to soul sickness and less AP and droprates again I guess.

You guys earning a hell lot of money from donations, even if just 100 people are paying. Now work for it then. Because that one event per month and little to none support we are getting from the staff just doesn't cut it. This does not go against you TheAlmighty but rather against the person who made this decision.

Edited by Konoyaro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

butcherjoe    0

I do not want to be blunt, you are just covering your tracks. I will jiust go full Free to Play. And this issue with people abusing Paypal is part of the business, you have a sinking fund or reserved fund to offset this kind of loss. And I ask my bank about why my Visa Mastercard was denied  access or closed on some transaction , she told me its on the website and my card status is OK across the board, if it was closed then I should not have access to Paypal. Please lets be honest!

Randl    0

Konoyaro is correct! Unless a company can equal paypals reliability, and payop cannot, donations are finished for me.

Paysafe and Paypal back!

Please say to us if you want to destroy this server - then I don't have to waste my time in euroaion anymore...

Edited by Cleric D. Heal

Nowe    0
20 hours ago, Cleric D. Heal said:

Paysafe and Paypal back!

Nothing is back??? :(

Salvus    15

The ease of PayPal made me do 'donations' here. PayPal is known to me and when I have to enter my credit card information at some Russian website I get in doubt. The issue you're having sounds like you have to adjust your policies instead of deleting a payment method. 

Edited by Salvus

Blackwall    16

Many (like a metric ton of people) don't even have a card that is accepted by most borlderline shady card payment processing websites. That's why payPal became the gold standard in the first place.

• Like 2

Mickymausi    3

dear support bans the people who did that, get back the items that were bought with the coins and don't punish us europeans just because a few people pull such shit with the buyer protection.

SMyomayo    24

1) Use your internet banking, create a virtual card (USD), configure it for online purchases (set a monthly purchase limit) Use it wherever you want. In my bank CCV the code is random generation evry 24h. If you do not have one, and you are very afraid that thieves will rip off your billions. Do not transfer more money  there ( virtual card )  than you intend to spend. In fact, there is no problem, there is just reluctance and paranoia. They  wrote that, if return PayPal, this will not solve the problem, since PayPal constantly blocks the purchase of Ecoins. It works for two days then   four days blocked all transfers. So why are you asking to get PayPal back? no sense . 

• Like 2

TheAlmighty    1,046
On 8/7/2020 at 4:33 AM, Cleric D. Heal said:

Paysafe and Paypal back!

Please say to us if you want to destroy this server - then I don't have to waste my time in euroaion anymore...

Hello,

We would never like to "destroy" our own project. Why would we need it? 

We have written about the problem with PaySafeCard right in the topic: payment acceptance system has disabled them on a global level (they are not available for everyone, not just us). This is something we just CAN'T influence. 

Regarding PayPal, it wasn't unavailable for several days (and that wasn't just once). Our accounts get blocked and we have to work with their support to fix it (which doesn't happen in just one day). And then we get the situation that it is more inactive than active.