Sign in to follow this  
Luyanara

Poll about Siege change/better ways

Luyanara    9

Hey, i got somehow surprised by the poll for a change in the siegebehaviour..And I am wondering why i cant find the discussion about this here in Forum - but mb im just blind :D

I would like to mentoin a couple of things about that. Polls in general are a nice thing. But of course it only works if ppl are able to know the consequences of their votes. In a situation like this - most will vote for a change because they dont like the actual situation - so they think any change is better, what is not always true. Desicions like this where most people dont know the consequences, and where it is hard  to gess how it behaves should be decided by developers after discussing - and maybe done as test for a limited period first.

In addition, this is a suggiestion to help balance in favor of asmodians. Why are there  ely allowed to take part in that vote (they are more than asmos), when they might vote in their favor so the situation can become worse. (Dont wanna say all vote in their favor - but alot will do - or at least will vote what they think is in their favor)

I would highly appreciate if this is discussed by community before getting into polls and done in a test period before permanent implementation.

As far as I remember this change on Retail - the only positive effect was, that the beef between legions who gets a keep got reduced.Actually the Asmodian problem is not that they are not able to take a keep. The point is that they had no raidlead for month what results in less ppl joining raid.

Today ppl were shouting asmos will have a raidlead - and i'm pretty sure we will see asmos capturing a Keep, without much problem, just cuz attacking fraction has an advatange in mechanic when jus switching between 2 keeps on each attack.

If u reset this every week it might get even harder - since ely just need to wipe asmos@dux after they got their keep faster. Thats what was common on retail. in addition on retail the change was even cleverer. There was 1 attack, 1 def and before next siege it fell balaur - so ppl still have the chance to do a defense raid - its really a cut in content if there is no more"def"-siege.

And tbh.there are waaay better mechanics even used on retail  to balance sieges... there were siegebuffs implemented later that stacked up every week the other faction held a keep. and were reduced each week the own fraction held it. so  longterm there is a buff that equals it.

Edit: This means in Addition - Elys can take Sillus EVRYTIME. since asmos can go on sillus as well and loose all 3 keeps for sure, or they can give it to ely and try to get another keep (what will fail when ely go the keep 2nd that asmodians try). This is not a fair way of balance to give over the ONLY important keep to elyos - for all future (until server is back in balance)

In abyss this can work.

Edited by Luyanara
  • Like 1

Luyanara    9

Well as told before 1x planned lead - and we have a raid... tbh that was a raid where ely needed the buff - so why the hell u wanna destroy with such a change.

Change would force PVE raids as well...

• Like 1

Angrry    31

I wonder if the link with the expired Statute of limitations in Discord is related to the voting that is held there?
By the way it is very ironic to see it under the inscription
"absolutely everything works properly"

Mrjin    0

Asmos without a siege lead is the true problem here, unless admin is throwing everyone a rank1 AP set, asmo will continue to be the underdog and keep being stomped  upon

The cowardly GP hogging style by hopping between forts is the embarrassment of Aion siege, it has to be stopped

Angrry    31

And how do you propose to "stop"? Reducing rewards for a cause that no one wants to do anyway is unlikely to create a strong organizer.
Also, the sad reality is that we can't split the top players equally. They are all either on one side or the other. Accordingly, 1 side constantly loses. It's not in the mentality of the Asmodian or Elyos

Edited by Angrry

YEG    8
  • Step 1 : They will not considerate your vote !

Step 2 : enjoy this parody