Sign in to follow this  
Luyanara

Gear in Actionbar gettin messed up every Relog

Luyanara    9

When putting my gear into the Actionbars to have an easier setswitch. It gets messed up on every relog for literally no reason (bad gamemechanic).

This happens on login, on severswitch (arena/dred) and even when raid starts(whyever). In Addition this cannot be easily fixed what makes the set kind of useless - annoying.

I made a short video to show it.

twitch

Anyone knows a way i can avoid this? i think its a gamemechanic - but mb someone has an idea.

TY

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello,

As the items are the same (even with different enchantments and manastones), they have the same ID, which causes the problem. Same issue happens with macroses when you have same items (same ID) in the inventory. 

This is unfortunately how the game is built and it works like this everywhere. 

DevWolx    62

The only solution to this problem is to make a macro that equips gear from you inventory directly (not from the name, not from quickbar) so for example :

/use 1 1

This would use/equip the first item in the first row. (first number = slot ; second number = row).

Problems with this method are in this patch we don't have the feature yet to lock our cubes, so that if you put your items in an order they don't change places if you use the auto organize function. But still could be possible if when you sort automatically you gear doesn't change place anyways for the way it's sorted (just gotta remove any piece of gear you drop/loot from your inventory before auto organizing cause it might take place of something you wanna equip with your macro).

So you gotta set up the macro to keep in mind how armor gets sorted automatically in your inventory. If for example your chest piece for your first set is in third slot first row then you should do : /use 3 1. Then the second macro for the second set's chest piece should be (depending where the second chest piece is) let's say in your inventory it's in the fourth slot : /use 4 1. and vice versa.

I didn't try this method yet in this server as I don't have that issue with gear yet, so try to play with that macro setting and see if it works.