Sign in to follow this  
TheAlmighty

Tempering Solution is never enough!

TheAlmighty    1,046

iuVE2-IT4k0.jpg.be0d5cbc11aa423d3015ef088c4284b4.jpg.ab434689257d2de0131c639d9ab379b2.jpg

Tempering Solution is never too much!

Tempering Solution has been addeed with some chance (not from every boss)

as an additional reward for defeating the final bosses in the dungeons of level 50+

The event is in progress until 21.06.2020

The list of dungeons included:

Spoiler
  • Abbysal Splinter
  • Udas Temple
  • Lower Udas Temple
  • Padmarashka's Cave
  • Esoterrace
  • Beshmundir Temple
  • Raksang
  • Argent Manor
  • Elementis Forest
  • Sarpan Battleground
  • Muada's Trencher
  • Rentus Base
  • Tiamat Stronghold
  • Dragon Lord's Refuge
  • Steel Rose Deck (Group)
  • Steel Rose Cargo
  • Steel Rose Quarters
  • Sauro Supply Base
  • Ophidan Bridge
  • Infinity Shard
  • Illuminary Obelisk
  • Danuar Reliquary
  • Danuar Sanctuary

kQrBb5b.thumb.jpg.bf79a55256c3da44da1b097b3dc005cb.jpg

• Like 3

Ereova    3

Could you at least say the drop rate for the tempering? "Random" can mean anything between 1-99 %
I think people deserve to know the average drop chance before they start putting many hours in farming these instances.

• Like 1

Raidon    108
16 minutes ago, Ereova said:

Could you at least say the drop rate for the tempering? "Random" can mean anything between 1-99 %
I think people deserve to know the average drop chance before they start putting many hours in farming these instances.

Its 50% chance to drop one.

TheAlmighty    1,046
21 minutes ago, Ereova said:

Hello, 

Sorry, the topic is updated. Now there's chance info in the description. 

• Like 1

Konoyaro    60

Did Steel Rose Quarters solo with 100% drop chance increase, and I can confirm no tempering solutions dropped.

image.png.51926b5590e3f877f002f2e4fb1fa220.png

Konoyaro    60

Lower Udas, 100% drop boost, 0 tempering solution drop. Probably level difference is counted in event or drop rate increasing effect is not counted towards event. @TheAlmighty we need more info.

Edited by Konoyaro

Rizella    3

The only group version of steel rose dropping the solutioNs is going to be the deck ONLY ? or the other ones can be done in group as well ?

Edited by Rizella

Luyanara    9

Again I have to ask - Are you sure the event works?

I have been 5x Cargo[grp] 1x Deck[grp] and 1xQuarters[grp] now and did not see any Tempering. Of course you can say 50% is not 100%.

And probably 100% dropbuff + Lucky Vinna II do not work on the tempering (not sure if weekendbuffs are still active) - but 7 runs with 50% and no drops have a probability of 1/128=0,78125%

So I would like to ask if you can check that. If not: How many runs do you want me to record on stream/vid until it is enough you check :D

Thx for ur engagement!

Timeless    1

The way I see it (and how Aion works), is that the 50% is not actual 50%, but tempering drop rate increase by 50%. So if the rate is 1%, then with increase it's 1.5%, thus no visible difference. Or the event is not working.

Luyanara    9
Just now, Timeless said:

The way I see it (and how Aion works), is that the 50% is not actual 50%, but tempering drop rate increase by 50%. So if the rate is 1%, then with increase it's 1.5%, thus no visible difference. Or the event is not working.

Well you are absoluteley right - that might be the "mistake" they did But description ofc is different and it would be absoluteley useless if grps of ppl drop 1 tempering with 1,5% to roll :D - at least as event

Konoyaro    60

We tested it out too, no drops. Server broker should be full of now with temperings 5kk each. Description is faulty. +50% and not "it's 50%".  The event was good for one thing, I wasted alot of time.

Edited by Konoyaro
  • Like 1

Raidon    108

I did 2 Katas, we got 2 solutions, then went Sauro, got another one. Event works fine for me.

Luyanara    9
9 minutes ago, Raidon said:

I did 2 Katas, we got 2 solutions, then went Sauro, got another one. Event works fine for me.

Just got told by other 22 instances without drop and 18 without drop... maybe it works for very few instances - maybe it was randomluck in kata  - you got serum in sauro from endboss or the boss before the endboss? - and if endboss it was serum to roll or box for all?

when ppl do 22 instances and its 50% - and they drop none - the probability is 1:4.000.000 - if thats the case for lots of ppl we can say 100% it does not work would be cool if sum of the devs can say if they checked, where it works and if it gets fixed

Desperation    6

Event doesnt work. 0 serum from 2 rentus, 1 sauro, 4 pve jmr. Ofc its maybe not enough, only first day, but 50% chance sounds high.

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello, 

If it is 50%, it won't mean that you will receive the item every second run. THis is not how "random" works (especially in mmorpg). Some of you will have to visit dungeons several times, and some can get lucky on the first entry. 

Don't forget that apart from the event items the bosses contain other loot which also have chances to drop and sometimes their chance is higher. So you can just get some other items instead of the solution. 

So event works, and the chances to get the solution are not low. Just be more persistent and the luck will come to you as well. 

Luyanara    9
46 minutes ago, TheAlmighty said:

Hello, 

If it is 50%, it won't mean that you will receive the item every second run. THis is not how "random" works (especially in mmorpg). Some of you will have to visit dungeons several times, and some can get lucky on the first entry. 

Don't forget that apart from the event items the bosses contain other loot which also have chances to drop and sometimes their chance is higher. So you can just get some other items instead of the solution. 

So event works, and the chances to get the solution are not low. Just be more persistent and the luck will come to you as well. 

I'm Sorry, if it did not get activated tonight - There is mathematical absoluteley no question that it does not work! I mean its kinda easy: If the droprate of the tempering is 50% we can do the math: (the event description says the items can be dropped with 50% chance - so if there is a gamemechanic that somehow reduces the chance based on other drops, the description would be wrong since the chance is below 50% then)

Runs without Drop - probability for no drop (if the droprate is 50%)

1 - 50% (=1/0,5^1)

2 - 25% (=1/0,5^2)

3 - 12,5% (=1/0,5^3)

10 - 0.09765625% (=1/0,5^10)

15 - 0,003% (=1/0,5^15)

20 - 0,000095% (=1/0,5^20)

To be honest how can you denie these numbers? ppl did more than 20  instances without drop. In fact the probability for tempering EVERY of these runs is exact the same. I heared noone saying he dropped temperings 5 times in a row what has probability of 1/2^5=1/32= 3,125% - while there are LOTS of ppl doing 20+ Instances with 0 Temperings.

So the numbers sare easy - The question is: you dont trust the mathematics or the ppl that say they dont drop?

If its the Last thing - How many Instances do you want me to record on video without drop - until you believe what we say?

Edited by Luyanara

Naydraug    4

People coming up with mathematical answers, when the moderator explained if something drops then the tempering solution cannot drop.

If drops are in brackets, then all your math is flawed and makes no sense.

There are 2 solutions to make the 50% feel more like "50%", either let the system check first the tempering solution for drop in the bracket or put the tempering solution in a completely different bracket, I believe the first is the better solution. After all this still is a 1x rate server, we already are spoiled to no extend with the cash shop and better service than retail.

Luyanara    9
1 hour ago, Naydraug said:

People coming up with mathematical answers, when the moderator explained if something drops then the tempering solution cannot drop.

If drops are in brackets, then all your math is flawed and makes no sense.

There are 2 solutions to make the 50% feel more like "50%", either let the system check first the tempering solution for drop in the bracket or put the tempering solution in a completely different bracket, I believe the first is the better solution. After all this still is a 1x rate server, we already are spoiled to no extend with the cash shop and better service than retail.

I understand that there might be a mechanic in calculation of drops that prevents the drop of temperings - but that absolutley does not matter. What matters is the description of the event and wether it's correct or not. the description is:

" The items can be dropped with 50% chance. "

So when killing a boss the have to drop a tempering in 50% of cases (considering all other mechanics) or the description is wrong.

The intention of the event as described is clear - and whatever mechanics prevent fullifing the description, make the event "not work"

What Allmighty said would mean - since in steelrose we have 100% drop for a conqueror chest - this could lead to 0% temperingdrop since there drops another item with higher probability? - why list steelrose then as part of event? - that makes no sense.

The question is, is there a 50% chance of dropping or is the chance to drop a tempering solution raised by 50%? Because that's two different things, no matter what the event description says - it clearly doesn't feel like the drop chance is at 50%.

Guest SupDavie   
Guest SupDavie

It's pretty crazy that nobody of the staff hasn't given a clarification yet.I still am not playing on this server but if the communication with the staff is like this i dont even want to start tbh

Konoyaro    60

Maintenance notes:

"Increasing the chance of getting tempering solution for the event (there was a misprint and the chance didn't correspond to the one announced)"

Can somebody test if it's now 50%?