Sign in to follow this  
Sister Bliss

Remodel Restriction

Why is it that ECoin Shop skins are restricted to remodel as often as one would like? I can only remodel once, but if I get better armour and want to remodel the remodeled armour, I can't do that due to this restriction: Can only be used once to remodel appearance.

I understand you want to make money so you can keep the server up, but by this kind of practice, I don't think I'll buy anything else from the shop yet until I hit level 65. Because I can't use the remodeled armour skin to remodel better armour later on. And it seems like a mistake to remodel early in level.

Don't tell me this is how it is in retail Aion because I might as well buy things on Gameforge instead of here if I want them as restricted and misleading. In another server, you can put Mounts in account warehouse to share between your characters. That's nice.

Misleading because that restriction notice is stated on both items, why? When you remodel an armour with an armour that has 1 remodel left, it'll disappear once you remodel that armour. The skin is destroyed in the process regardless of it having that "Can only be used once to remodel appearance" too.

Raidon    108

It clearly states on the main page that this server is completely like retail version. So what are you complaining about?

And there is nothing misleading. Once you use "Once for appearance remodelling" item, it will say "Unable to extract appearance" on your item. 

Also, skins in local shop are very cheap . All skins are between 50-200 Ecoins (1-4 euros) compared to Gameforge's 100-150 Aion Coins (10-15 euros).

TheAlmighty    1,046

Hello,

All the restrictions are mentioned in the item attributes. We haven't changed them and aren't going too, so there's nothing misleading. The items work as the MUST work. They have been made this way by the game developers. 

We are not "another" private server and have other features (which is being retail like). We cannot change the work of the items.They have always been singe-use, as well as mounts have been untradeable. 

Misleading because two items says Can only be used once to remodel appearance which I understand that the item that will disappear for remodeling another item. But the item that HAS been remodeled SHOULD also have Can only be used once to remodel appearance so I can use this to remodel a better item.

But the item that has been remodeled says unable to extract appearance. Which means we have to buy another skin to remodel gear better than the previous, and repeat every time?

Raidon    108
8 hours ago, Sister Bliss said:

Misleading because two items says Can only be used once to remodel appearance which I understand that the item that will disappear for remodeling another item. But the item that HAS been remodeled SHOULD also have Can only be used once to remodel appearance so I can use this to remodel a better item.

But the item that has been remodeled says unable to extract appearance. Which means we have to buy another skin to remodel gear better than the previous, and repeat every time?

Why would an item that can be used once for appearance remodelling, be able to remodel something a 2nd time? Yes, if a skin can only be used once, you can only use it once to remodel something. If you want to apply same skin to something else, you have to buy it again.  Almighty already explained it to you.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Raidon said:

If you want to apply same skin to something else, you have to buy it again.

This is where you don't understand. I know if I want to remodel a skin to a level 30 item, that skin is gone. That's great and as intended. But to use that level 30's remodeled skin onto a level 65 item, that can't be done.

Even though the level 30 item had stated Can only be used once to remodel appearance which meant that it STILL has 1 turn left. But not until you remodel that level 30 item with a skin, it then states unable to extract appearance instead of retaining Can only be used once to remodel appearance.

You see where I'm going with this? I'll buy another skin if I didn't use that skin to test it on a low level item.

Edited by Sister Bliss

TheAlmighty    1,046
44 minutes ago, Sister Bliss said:

This is where you don't understand. I know if I want to remodel a skin to a level 30 item, that skin is gone. That's great and as intended. But to use that level 30's remodeled skin onto a level 65 item, that can't be done.

Even though the level 30 item had stated Can only be used once to remodel appearance which meant that it STILL has 1 turn left. But not until you remodel that level 30 item with a skin, it then states unable to extract appearance instead of retaining Can only be used once to remodel appearance.

You see where I'm going with this? I'll buy another skin if I didn't use that skin to test it on a low level item.

Hello, 

The line "can only be used once to remodel appearance" goes exactly for the appearance. So if you used it once (the appearance of the item) it cannot be "used" for the second time. 

This line has never made a problem to anyone both on the official servers and here. 

The items work right according to the description. 

What part of my posts don't you understand? You're saying exactly what I'm saying, but you refuse to understand the second part of it.

I know it has never made a problem with anyone because they used their "skin" item to remodel their best gear. It would be a problem for everyone if they did what I did. Did they use the skins to test the "Can only be used once to remodel appearance" theory, or used it on a gear they knew is not their best? No they did not.

I used my skin item to remodel the starter gear, where everyone looks the same. That's not end/best gear is it?

DevWolx    62

Some equipment in game also have that property, you need to think of it as a one time use consumable, and the properties transfer with the appearance when you remodel. If your armor already said on it "Can only be used once to remodel appearance" that's for that armors appearance. If you were to put it on any other piece, be it another "Can only be used once to remodel appearance" piece or one that allows infinite remodels, It will still say "unable to extract appearance" cause you used the 1 chance it had of remodeling. If you were to remove the remodeled appearance that you just put, your armor will return to its original appearance and with it its original property aka "Can only be used once to remodel appearance". I hope you understood cause it's a pretty simple mechanic.

Another scenario is when you put a skin that you can remodel infinitely on an armor that states on it "Can only be used once to remodel appearance", the result is that it will not say anything on it, cause you replaced the appearance with a skin that has infinite remodels, and you could reuse it on something else but, if you reset appearance to its original one it will go back to saying "Can only be used once to remodel appearance".

The phrase "Can only be used once to remodel appearance" would have no sense if you could remodel that skin infinitely, cause there is a counterpart where you can reuse the skin infinitely and that property on those item is empty (there is even some rare items where it says on them "Cannot remodel" from the get go). The one use thing is made that way for shop items (for obvious reasons) and even some in game equipment and that is just how the devs aka ncsoft made it and it's been like this since forever.

I also doubt that they could modify it here cause they would need some good programmers to modify those item properties without breaking anything, Items have IDs etc... They need to know the engine and other stuff. The other server you are talking about I wonder if its the same one, but they also added items from further updates, they even made some custom npcs and other features. This server only have admins/GMs and they only have access to commands for that. (also that other server economy is busted and they have pay to win in its shop and its a worse case than having skins only be used once).

• Like 1

NCsoft changed it so the publishers can make more money. Before, you could change by using any wings' skin on level 30 wings, and then later when you get better wings like level 50, you can use level 30 wings' appearance to change level 50 wings' appearance.

But never mind. I expected the Admin/Mod to revert the changes for me over testing something worth 240 ECoins just to realise it's gone to waste. Thanks for the infos DevWolx.

NCsoft clearly hasn't done their work instead of getting paid for half-baked effort. They could've at least stated a warning on the remodeler window that "if you are using skin to remodel, the skin will disappear and you will not be able to remodel from the remodeled item".

Edited by Sister Bliss

DevWolx    62

I didn't play when the game had subscription if that's when you could do that, so then they changed it or introduced that property on some items (and like all the wings have it) after it went free to play cause they need to make money out of the shop to keep going. But they still also put it on some in game equipment and if you like the skins you have to drop them multiple times. For me I like Tiamat and RST skins and they both can only be remodeled once.

The thing is you probably can't pull stuff from older versions cause either stuff gets deleted or altered heavily, also some variables may change and some call outs might return different things and that might break the game, else we could have aion 4.8 with sarpan, tiamaranta, katalam and danaria still there. Or having 4.6 with the 4.8 gameplay changes that are really nice.

Well the warning about not being able to reuse the skin is like in the item itself, the remodeler is used for every type of item so there's only the warning that your item on the bottom would be destroyed.

Raidon    108
16 hours ago, Sister Bliss said:

NCsoft changed it so the publishers can make more money. Before, you could change by using any wings' skin on level 30 wings, and then later when you get better wings like level 50, you can use level 30 wings' appearance to change level 50 wings' appearance.

But never mind. I expected the Admin/Mod to revert the changes for me over testing something worth 240 ECoins just to realise it's gone to waste. Thanks for the infos DevWolx.

NCsoft clearly hasn't done their work instead of getting paid for half-baked effort. They could've at least stated a warning on the remodeler window that "if you are using skin to remodel, the skin will disappear and you will not be able to remodel from the remodeled item".

Nobody is stopping you from using original lvl 30 wings appearance if it is available. Just remove whatever skin you've applied and you can apply original skin to new 50 wings.

Edited by Raidon