Sign in to follow this  
CowBell

Kamar change

CowBell    32

Hi, wanted to suggest one change in Kamar instance - remove or change how aoe beritra grenade (looted from mobs) works. I would like those grenades either removed completely or to work only on single target (would be great killing cannon for example)
REASON: it's pvp instance but whole mechanic and gameplay decided by chocking opposing alliance with those grenades. Also this is RNG based thing, happened to me several times when in whole run killing lots of balaur mobs and getting 0 grenades, but being bombed like 3-4-5 times in a row by opposition. So those two reasons already throws pvp experience out through the window by giving rng unfair advance to one or other side. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

Hayter    83

In my opinion grenade should work as it is. It is not a 1v1 arena. It's 12v12 instance. So mass grenade fit in perfectly. Random is present everywhere in the game - get used to it.

CowBell    32

those grenades completely negate PvP. If both sides going 50/50 then those grenades is HUGE factor in winning whole Kamar instance. 
Anyone interested in real PVP at Kamar would vote removing aoe grenades, not a brainer, how that fits when you can kill half alliance with one item in pvp instance :D imagine that your ally getting bigger share of grenades... also those grenades for sure remove way to come back if it takes longer for you to organize, figure out strategy, people just start afk'ing. I literally do not see any positives of having aoe grenades there. 

on top of that i'm hearing that drop boost packs used to get better chance of beritra. If that is true - what's the point even doing kamar when some clowns basically buy edge even in kamar? 

twinlords111    25
13 hours ago, CowBell said:

ці гранати повністю заперечують PvP. Якщо обидві сторони йдуть 50/50, то ці гранати є ВЕЛИЧЕЗНИМ фактором у виграші всього екземпляра Kamar. 
Будь-хто, хто зацікавлений у справжньому PVP у Камарі, проголосував би за видалення гранат aoe, а не головне, як це підходить, коли ви можете вбити половину альянсу одним предметом у випадку pvp.  :D Уявіть, що ваш союзник отримує більшу частку гранат... також ці гранати точно видаляють спосіб повернутися, якщо вам знадобиться більше часу, щоб організувати, визначити стратегію, люди просто починають хвилюватися. Я буквально не бачу жодних позитивних моментів у наявності гранат aoe. 

Крім того, я чую, що дроп-буст пакети використовуються для отримання кращих шансів берітри. Якщо це правда - який сенс навіть робити kamar, коли деякі клоуни в основному купують перевагу навіть у kamar? 

when all have drop-boost then can got 10+ beritra, I think the  the best solution is to remove the effect drop packs  in kamar then everyone will be on an equal footing

CowBell    32

I honestly don't think they can remove boost pack effect from one instance, would require more work than just disabling one item from dungeon. Even if they say they do, how do you know if its truly not working?
Admins most likely not going to admit any of that but whatever, I'm more interested to see if changes like beritra grenade can be done or server itself willing to do something like that. 

At the end of the day - arenas was disabled literally because of people cheating, not going for fair pvp. Here we go again, I'm raising same question - do we wan't real pvp in Kamar or some washed up version with scam boostpacks and aoe grenades which nobody in right mind enjoy losing to.  
Some dude already said he's enjoying using grenades when in other thread talking how much he's enjoying pvp on ice next to EB camp xD 

utterbitter    33
On 11/26/2022 at 10:04 PM, CowBell said:

those grenades completely negate PvP. If both sides going 50/50 then those grenades is HUGE factor in winning whole Kamar instance. 
Anyone interested in real PVP at Kamar would vote removing aoe grenades, not a brainer, how that fits when you can kill half alliance with one item in pvp instance :D imagine that your ally getting bigger share of grenades... also those grenades for sure remove way to come back if it takes longer for you to organize, figure out strategy, people just start afk'ing. I literally do not see any positives of having aoe grenades there. 

on top of that i'm hearing that drop boost packs used to get better chance of beritra. If that is true - what's the point even doing kamar when some clowns basically buy edge even in kamar? 

Well, regarding the 50 / 50 fights I agree that it is frustrating when you are on the losing side in such scenario but think of these as penalty shoot-outs in a football game. Overall Kamar is not the ideal PvP instance(Aion can never have one due to how classes work).

• Like 1

CowBell    32

I guess biggest frustration is when you know that pvp wise opposing ally is really not that much better than yours or even worse, but they always somehow get suspiciously great drops of beritras. From their point of view aoe grenades is best thing they can have, these people 100% not going to vote for grenade removal and lose thing which gives edge in pvp instance to them. 
In other hand admins wanted to encourage people to pvp in sieges and etc. so I'm with them, let people have pvp also in Kamar, remove this grenade bullshit. At the end of the day Glory Points should go to the ally which pvp'ed, not used one click 5-6 mass aoes on someone.

Don't think I need to defend my point of view. People have their own mind about this, I just want to know what admins think about current level of "fairness" in Kamar. 

Kamai    72
16 hours ago, CowBell said:

I guess biggest frustration is when you know that pvp wise opposing ally is really not that much better than yours or even worse, but they always somehow get suspiciously great drops of beritras. From their point of view aoe grenades is best thing they can have, these people 100% not going to vote for grenade removal and lose thing which gives edge in pvp instance to them. 
In other hand admins wanted to encourage people to pvp in sieges and etc. so I'm with them, let people have pvp also in Kamar, remove this grenade bullshit. At the end of the day Glory Points should go to the ally which pvp'ed, not used one click 5-6 mass aoes on someone.

Don't think I need to defend my point of view. People have their own mind about this, I just want to know what admins think about current level of "fairness" in Kamar. 

Well if you want to fight someone without beritras you can always ask them "wanna fight kamar but without beritras?", ofc it will not work in 100% of cases but still, this game was never based on a skill but on RNG 

sophisticated    241

Hello
We are currently testing several ideas and proposals for making changes to Kamar. At the moment, I cannot give you exact information, but as soon as the work is completed, we will inform you.

TheAlmighty    1,046
On 11/25/2022 at 6:15 PM, passthesauce said:

pro tip next time make the post in russian you get the answer way quicker

What is this? The answer to the topic here was given even before your "comment".

CowBell    32
5 hours ago, sophisticated said:

Hello
We are currently testing several ideas and proposals for making changes to Kamar. At the moment, I cannot give you exact information, but as soon as the work is completed, we will inform you.

Thanks! Appreciate your clarification. Take your time and test it then properly. 

CowBell    32

Hi guys,
I think you went way too far with this Kamar change. I would argue to reconsider the way you decided to change Kamar. 
Suggestion was to remove or make it single target and let people to pvp each other with less grenades (removing drop pack impact too). You actually did complete opposite, making probably more beritras available and less actual player vs player interactions possible. This going to be festival of fireworks, I kind of feel that this new version of Kamar even more appalling that it was until now.