Raidon

Aion 4.6? Am I dreaming?

Raidon    108

Hi

So just by chance (or by a will of my faith) I stumbled across YouTube comment about Euroaion saying that this is legit Aion 4.6 with all the retail functions.

So I came here to figure out, is this all real? Snad how does it function? I see there is no P2W which is awesome. There is shop with nice starting items. If everything turns out to be as good as described, I will definitely donate to keep the project going.

But how is the player base? Are people active? Are they doing instances etc? How are manastone drop rates/enchantment rates?

Would be nice to hear from people hows everything going. Sadly the launcher only goes up to 1MB/s for download, so it will take 12 hours Q_Q. But I will have enough time to hear the feedback.

Thank you.

wexlergamez    3

Hi
the truth is this version is incredible, I missed her a lot but you have to be honest
it is not the same to be asmo as elio, as it will cost you a little more because sometimes there are not many people, apart from that side the missions are more complicated and etc. than on the elio side
If you played this version in the past, you'll know how the hand comes
people? It is mostly enjoyable they are veteran players and you could say they are friendly, cool .........
the truth about the staff, only positive words, they are always aware of everything and at least they try to fix it by giving their best, and that is appreciated
If you decide to play I can only tell you, welcome home friend !!!

• Like 1

Veninde    12

Hey Raidon,

Welcome! I'd love to inform you on our server. 

I'm asmodian so I can only tell you a bit about our side of the server.

But how is the player base?
I'd say player base is pretty steady and growing. We had some balance problems in the past but it seems to even out now. You can check the amount of people online on the site at the top left.

Are people active?
Yep, especially at peak hours there's lots to be done ;D (too much for me sometimes #clericlife) There's a couple big legions of pretty much every nationality recruiting and doing things together. 

Are they doing instances etc? 
It's harder to find a group for lower level instances but there's usually people that'll help if you post in lfg. High level instances are pretty much spammed ;D Including pvp ones.

How are manastone drop rates/enchantment rates?
In my experience it's exactly like retail. Sometimes extremely lucky. Sometimes....not so much >.> You get a bunch of scrolls and manastones from the pink quest npc's in big towns that'll help you socket your first and second set. (Also, you get a pve set + weapons of choice at level 10 that will last you well up to level 60+ so you don't have to bother getting new sets every 10 levels.) 

If you want to see first hand point of views try visiting these links. People often stream endgame instances / pvp. 

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Aion

https://mixer.com/browse/games/559124/aion

Also, join our discord server to get a taste of the community and get faster help from helpers and admins.

https://discordapp.com/invite/nKNX85Y

Let me know if you have any more questions!

• Like 2

Tia    31

Hello,
let me answer those questions from a bit of a more pessimistic perspective, coming from someone who played on many other private servers in the past which I will not name for obvious reasons. But it was 10 or more servers over the years, and of course I played for many years on retail too.

What is the playerbase like?
As far as numbers go, I would say realistically you get around 200 people on either side who are actively playing during the peak hours of the server. In the mornings and late night, the server is pretty empty. You have to take into consideration though that many of these people do not speak English, as this server is suffering from the same problem as European retail - too much focus on too many different language groups. You will find coordination with other people very difficult. There is also the added problem of the Russian following and focus of this server, just like the one that was here before this one, and other Russian servers with high population. Yes, this is an European server, or atleast targeted at Europe, but you will find that the Russian community is much more organized than the English (resp. international) one. For example, on the Elyos side, we have 2 bastion static alliances of Russians, and 1 that is German/International, but no English ones. I am not sure how things look on the Asmo side, as I decided surprisingly to roll Elyos this time around.
I have nothing against Russians, a lot of them are very kind and good players, but the language barrier is something you just cannot overlook. But the only way we can build an English community is with more new players coming to the server!

What are the rates?
Pretty much retail-like. But both enchanting and socketing are made harder by the general lack of population which leads to a lack of resources on the broker. On retail, burning through a stack of 200 manastones was not much of an issue, as they were abundant and cheap due to many people (and bots) farming. Here, manastones are precious and rare, and so are enchant stones. You can definitely do it, just be prepared to farm a lot of stuff yourself.

Are instances being run?
Again, that depends on the time, the instance, and how many languages you can speak. The basic stuff like Sauro, barracks...is being run every day by many people. Advanced instances like Infinity Shard and Eternal Bastion are mainly done inside legions, and LFG alliances can often fail. But this will also eventually get better in my opinion, as more and more people come to join us on the server.

If you decide to join the Elyos and need any help, feel free to contact me, I will try to help if I can.

• Like 2

Raidon    108

@Veninde @Tia @Slivoid @wexlergamez Thank you for replies. It seems that there is a good chance that I will stay here for a while. If there are people who are capable of doing endgame, that is good enough for me.

I can definitely deal with grind and resources, so that's not an issue.

As for Russians, as it turns out, my native is Russian, so getting along with those guys shouldn't be much of an issue. And I might act as a translator if needed. 

I decided to go Cleric because heal is always a rare breed, especially on lower population server. So I guess good cleric is still Aion's most wanted. I used to play it as my 2nd hand pick in 4.8 - 6.0. But playing now with Pre-4.8 changes, kinda feels like a different class so far. Granted I'm only lvl 20 after a few hours xD.

But I gotta tell you, so far it DOES feel like home. Just running around and doing blue and yellow quests already feels meditating and relaxing. Can't wait to get to 60+ and start grinding gear for Kata/Runa spam. I have a week off at work right now, so I will dig into leveling asap.

Again, thank you for your replies. One thing that will never change is core Aion community. Always pleasant to talk to. See you around.

Edited by Raidon
  • Like 1

Vivi    2
22 minutes ago, Raidon said:

I decided to go Cleric because heal is always a rare breed, especially on lower population server. So I guess good cleric is still Aion's most wanted. I used to play it as my 2nd hand pick in 4.8 - 6.0. But playing now with Pre-4.8 changes, kinda feels like a different class so far. Granted I'm only lvl 20 after a few hours xD.

Cleric in this server is definitely not a rare breed, however still very useful. I actually see people posting wanting more dps than heals more often than not in lfg. But I hope you enjoy it here :)

Raidon    108
4 minutes ago, Vivi said:

Cleric in this server is definitely not a rare breed, however still very useful. I actually see people posting wanting more dps than heals more often than not in lfg. But I hope you enjoy it here :)

Mboost set, staff, DPS stigmas - profit.  Heals will always be needed. Maybe I will find a pre-made looking for regular healer.  Cleric will always find a group.

Veninde    12
1 hour ago, Raidon said:

@Veninde @Tia @Slivoid @wexlergamez Thank you for replies. It seems that there is a good chance that I will stay here for a while. If there are people who are capable of doing endgame, that is good enough for me.

I can definitely deal with grind and resources, so that's not an issue.

As for Russians, as it turns out, my native is Russian, so getting along with those guys shouldn't be much of an issue. And I might act as a translator if needed. 

But I gotta tell you, so far it DOES feel like home. Just running around and doing blue and yellow quests already feels meditating and relaxing. Can't wait to get to 60+ and start grinding gear for Kata/Runa spam. I have a week off at work right now, so I will dig into leveling asap.

Again, thank you for your replies. One thing that will never change is core Aion community. Always pleasant to talk to. See you around.

Yw! Asmo or ely? ;3

lastyle16    0

Stimmt alles grossartig hier  aber....ich habe aufgehört hier zu spielen wegen der miserablen socketing rate ..unter aller sau..sry

Edited by lastyle16

Raidon    108
2 hours ago, Veninde said:

Yw! Asmo or ely? ;3

Ely <3  I've been Ely since EU Beta, Ely is in my DNA

linlane    0
5 hours ago, lastyle16 said:

Stimmt alles grossartig hier  aber....ich habe aufgehört hier zu spielen wegen der miserablen socketing rate ..unter aller sau..sry

sorry aber dann solltest du mal überlegen wie das früher aufm offi war, wenn du alles in schoß gelegen haben willst geh doch auf enen 200xp server

Aragorn324    3

Not cool.Most people that are in this thread will say "yes play it amazing"because obviously they old veteran players on it full gear and try to bring more people until it but they give 1 cent about it.

As new players good luck you need tons.No one helps you.You either get a premade/friends or try to find a legion asap or youre done for.Most people on the server are old players with insane gear with premade and stuff and dont care.Most people are legion full russians or germans or french ppl so its all for themself.

Server is unbalanced as sieges.Dont even bother.There is no help for losing faction and in this case i think its elyos now.Its boring honestly.4.6 is mostly pve and is not so fun as i remember.And players...not really.The site say one think but i doubht there are more then 700 players on that server.

Try.sure go ahead.Stay for long term...NOO.

Raidon    108
1 hour ago, Aragorn324 said:

Try.sure go ahead.Stay for long term...NOO.

Says you after I've been playing on this server for 8 months. It's not hard if you know what's up.  Gearing from 0 is hard (DUH) welcome to Korean MMORPG. But not impossible. You can easily do Kahrun's/Raksang/Sauro 1k/TF for gear. There are plenty of legions on Ely side who are recruiting new and old players.

Edited by Raidon
  • Like 1

Angrry    31
8 часов назад, Aragorn324 сказал:

No one helps you.You either get a premade/friends or try to find a legion asap or youre done for.Most people on the server are old players with insane gear with premade and stuff and dont care.Most people are legion full russians or germans or french ppl so its all for themself.

First: this is an MMO. Connecting with other people and making friends is an important part of these projects.
Secondly: This is a good project for many reasons. But ordinary people play here. In my clan there are security guards and teachers, builders and Housewives. Try to explain to the foreman-Ivan that he must urgently learn English in order to continue playing. The process is not easy. Especially for those who learned French and German as a foreign language at school. In short, most people only know their own language and go to other groups accompanied by"translators". Will a foreigner be comfortable if we accept them? Obviously not. Can the majority also find a group of people who will understand and (possibly) support them in this chaotic world? Certainly.
Find a Legion or Premade where you are welcome. Find out which classes are in demand. Work on your skills and statistics. Together getting the victory you will be happy much more than the fact that you alone had the good fortune to serve as a burden to a random team.
The last: Just throwing a call to chat /3 is usually possible to get help and advice. I used it many times, and also answered other people's calls. (Of course we are talking about ASMO side. I don't know how white people are doing)

• Like 1

Aragorn324    3
On 21/9/2020 at 1:55 AM, Raidon said:

Says you after I've been playing on this server for 8 months. It's not hard if you know what's up.  Gearing from 0 is hard (DUH) welcome to Korean MMORPG. But not impossible. You can easily do Kahrun's/Raksang/Sauro 1k/TF for gear. There are plenty of legions on Ely side who are recruiting new and old players.

If you say so then have fun.I hope the server wont die as it looks it gonna be.Maybe not fast but slowly.And i didnt say "its easy to gear"Ofc its hard.If it was easy what was the point.The big point is most people dont care about new players.As they got their own gear and stuff so they dont care at all.Thats why you dont see increase in population.

The server is full of old players with multiple accounts/characters.I knew a guy who had more then 8 chars lvl 65.And you dont see many "recruits in lfg".people here lie so badly.I rarily see groups for pve or even pvp..Most players have their own premades that played with since long time.

I told you the truth.Evryone can try it out.But i doubht people will enjoy this server.

Angrry    31
1 час назад, Aragorn324 сказал:

The server is full of old players with multiple accounts. 

Look around you. Full of young warriors. About half of my Legion is growing now.
People constantly come here from other projects, because this is the best representative of version 4.6.
They leave due to the fact that allowing the exchange of characters is equivalent to the complete legalization of trade and theft because of greed, laziness, or in search of new experiences.
However, many return, mind you.
We hear bad reviews about other servers from live people. Let's try to keep this one comfortable, okay?)

Aragorn324    3
1 hour ago, Angrry said:

Look around you. Full of young warriors. About half of my Legion is growing now.
People constantly come here from other projects, because this is the best representative of version 4.6.
They leave due to the fact that allowing the exchange of characters is equivalent to the complete legalization of trade and theft because of greed, laziness, or in search of new experiences.
However, many return, mind you.
We hear bad reviews about other servers from live people. Let's try to keep this one comfortable, okay?)

either youre a troll or you just dumb.i didnt see many new players in this game.No idea where you saw them but ok.you must be tripping.All the new players i saw were lvl 30 and giving up on the game.Most people dont even reach 65 immagine keep playng.Who return??The population is constantly dropping so who exactly returns??

This is pure truth.And you need to stop lieng to players.The server is not that populated.And a lot of people keep leaving.There will always be people that try the server?Sure ofc.Why not it happens.But to say that they will stay its truly fake.And again the servers are most populated because of old players that are already very geared up with multiple accounts.I saw that myself.

4.6 is mostly pve oriented.So its very likely the few players that are in this server is because of that.Farming farming farming.Very fun.No wonder people leave.

Edited by Aragorn324

Angrry    31
15 часов назад, Aragorn324 сказал:

Most people dont even reach 65 immagine keep playng.Who return?

I tell you what I see. Maybe your friends are leaving. Which is understandable if your communication is as full of empty complaints, crying and insults without any reason as this dialogue. Try to act more often under the influence of good emotions and everything will come into your hands.
PS: the Loss of players who are not able to grow up to 65, and running in fright from constant bonuses, free starting sets and generally unprecedented help for the X1 server, is more good news than a problem, IMHO

• Like 1

Aragorn324    3
On 23/9/2020 at 9:02 AM, Angrry said:

I tell you what I see. Maybe your friends are leaving. Which is understandable if your communication is as full of empty complaints, crying and insults without any reason as this dialogue. Try to act more often under the influence of good emotions and everything will come into your hands.
PS: the Loss of players who are not able to grow up to 65, and running in fright from constant bonuses, free starting sets and generally unprecedented help for the X1 server, is more good news than a problem, IMHO

i said the truth..the server is not gaining no new players.ITS A FACT.Its mostly full of old players with full gear creating new accounts.But definetly not new players.But ok.